We just returned from an eventful week in Louisiana!
Friday - arrived
Saturday - Avery's birthday party & dinner with friends. Addy loves the big sandbox at the child museum. She played in it the whole time! I'm thinking a sand/water table will make a great birthday present!
Sunday - lazy day
Monday - Spent the day with mom & girls - that night mom got stomach virus
Tuesday - I woke up feeling sick & found out mom was sick....this can't be happening
Wednesday - Dad is sick, I feel better. Addy & I had a dentist appointment today, as well as, an eye appointment for me. Needless to say, they had to be cancelled, because there isn't anyone able to help with the girls. I wasn't able to reschedule our dentist appointment for this week, but did get another eye appointment at 7:40 Friday morning. I'm sure I'll regret an early appointment, but I've got to get my eyes checked!
Thursday - Mastitis - my fault! I forgot to take my antibiotic when we came to Louisiana on Saturday & didn't bother to start back when I remembered. Luckily, my OB's office is understanding & called in more medicine for me.
Friday - Mom isn't better, dad isn't better. My sister was able to go with me & the girls to the eye doctor! I picked her up at 6:45am & we were on our way. The morning went much smoother than I anticipated and the doctor visit was fast & painless! Alyssa didn't have a meltdown until I was checking out. Addison was great as usual. She's always awesome when we go places! Oh, my vision has only changed slightly! Yay for getting older!
Blake came and picked us up Friday afternoon. It was a long drive from Texas & back, but we can't afford for him to get the stomach bug that's going around. I know we may be carrying it, but the less exposure - the better!! It was a rough ride home. We usually avoid driving after dark because Alyssa turns into a grumpy baby after 6pm! Seriously, I don't caa it the Witching Hour for no reason! I thought the learning cup would save the day, so I was sure to pump before we left dads. Well, she was not interested in that nasty cup! Anyway, my poor little angel cried herself to sleep in the carseat. We had already stopped twice in less than an hour for me to nurse/console her & just couldn't keep stopping! It.was.awful! I did the best I could to soothe her! I sang to her, stroked her head, etc. It wasn't like I just ignored her while she cried. I feel horrible that I couldn't scoop her up to comfort her! I'll probably have nightmares of her crying now!
8 months ago
No comments:
Post a Comment