This morning I took Addy to see Dr. Braye for her 9 month well visit. She weighed in at a whopping 19lbs 1oz, 26 1/2 inches long & 17 1/4 head. The dr commented on her length since she has only grown about 1/2 inch since her last visit a couple of months ago. He said she is in the 25 percentile for length right now, but will probably have a growth spurt & catch up to average. Dr. Braye gave Addy a new vitamin with fluoride to take now that she has teeth & I am still nursing! He saw 2 on top & one on bottom that have come through the gums! We had a good visit.
THEN COMES THE BAD PART..... We had to go to the lab for blood work.
Oh.My.God.
They took blood from Addy's arm just like they do a BIG person! You know - they wrap the band around the upper arm, then try to find a vein, then fill up 3 tubes with blood! Well, I had to hold my angel while they 'tried' to find a vein then while her blood flowed VERY slowly into those freaking tubes! It was terrible, just terrible! I pray everything comes back normal, because I seriously can't go through this again. Now Addy is sleeping soundly after her long morning.
8 months ago
3 comments:
I am with ya... veinous sticks are the WORST. I think i'm protesting the next time dr. k suggests one!
btw, which gadget do you add to get the scrapblog header on there. i did picture and its tiny.
Why did they do bloodwork?
Post a Comment