Monday, May 24, 2010

Busy weekend

Friday was spent traveling home for maternity pictures & a birthday party!  We did our pictures with TwoSuez again!  Katie May is awesome & I wanted the same style that we had done last pregnancy.  We had a great time as always.  Addison was so happy to be out of the vehicle that she was all about taking pictures!  I can't WAIT to see the proofs!  Here's one that Katie posted for me as a teaser :)  She's now at the beach, so it'll probably be a couple of weeks before we see any more :(
Saturday was a fun-filled day with balloons & a cookie cake!  We celebrated Addison's birthday (a month late) & Blake's birthday.  It was a wonderful day with our friends & family.  I should've taken a picture of the cookie cake, but forgot!  When I called last week to order the cake, I had a feeling it wouldn't be the right thing.  The lady on the phone wasn't very customer service oriented!  I told her that I wanted red & yellow icing with 'Happy Birthday Addy & Daddy' on the cake.  I spelled everything out for her.  So, on our way into town Friday we stopped by the mall & Blake ran in to get the cake.  Well, he was supposed to go in & get the cake.  Somehow he found his way to Lids & texted me saying that they had a hat he's been looking for & there was only ONE left.  Suuurreee, there was only ONE left.  Anyway, it was his birthday, so he got the hat.  When he got back out to the car he opened the cake to show me.  LOW & BEHOLD it said 'Happy Birthday ABBY & Daddy'!  Who the hell is Abby??  Blake said he looked at the cake in the store, but didn't notice the error.  The order form had the correct spelling...  I'm sure he had a hat on his mind & wasn't focused on the task at hand :)  I didn't want to take the time to have them correct it, so we had a party for Abby & Daddy!  LOL  Oh & don't let me forget to add that he came out with not ONE, but TWO hats because 'you know it's always buy 1 get 1 half off'! 

Here's one of the hats


Now for some party pictures!







Swing time!

Our little artist

No comments: