Thursday, June 17, 2010

Busy week

Last weekend Addison started running a temp & lost her appetite.  She displayed no other symptoms & wasn't fussy.  On Monday morning we went to see the pedi.  Strep test is negative, ears are clear, tonsils are good....nothing to indicate why she had a fever.  So, we were sent to the hospital for a rush CBC & dropped off a urine sample at our regular lab.  All blood work came back normal, so the pedi said it's viral & just has to run it's course.  I don't like fever - with or without symptoms!  


To add to my week I fell yesterday, so spent a good portion of the day in L&D!  I sat around after it happened contemplating whether or not to call the OB.  My elbow & butt took the fall, not my belly.  Finally, I decided to give the OB a call just to be safe.  The nurse assured me that baby is so protected inside that everything was probably fine, but anytime there is a fall, car accident, etc to go get checked at L&D.  She was right :)  Baby Alyssa is doing great!  My mind was put to rest after 3 hours of monitoring & an ultrasound.

**While at the hospital I learned that each time a baby is born 'Rock a Bye Baby' plays throughout the building.  How sweet is that!

Hopefully, the rest of the week & our weekend will be uneventful!

No comments: