Thursday, February 24, 2011

Buddy the Conehead

Last week I noticed Buddy chewing on his tail.  After further inspection, I realized he had a hotspot.  Poor Bubba :(  I called the vet right away & took him in to be seen.  Now, taking Buddy to the vet along with Alyssa & Addison in tow is about as exciting as you are thinking.  Between Addison asking what everyone's name was to repeatedly saying she has to pee - it wasn't a dull trip.  Buddy got a shot & the vet said that would cure him.  This was Thursday afternoon.  Monday I was in denial that his tail wasn't healing because he wouldn't stop chewing on it!  I tried wrapping it up with a bandage, but that was a joke.  So, Tuesday morning I called the vet back.  I wasn't sure what else they could do other than a cone, but we had to do something!  Another trip to the vet with the girls!  Eating glass sounded like a better option, but we all managed to make another trip to the vet. While there the second time Addison had to use the potty twice (we were there maybe 15 minutes)!  What is it with kids & public bathrooms?!?!  Gross!  Then, you could've heard a pin drop when she held up her little toy frog & asked if she could put a baby in her belly!!! That got a laugh out of everyone!  I guess she really paid attention when I was pregnant with Alyssa & we would always talk about it!

Buddy got fitted for a cone & prescribed some antibiotics.  This morning I noticed that he can still chew on his tail EVEN with the cone!  UGH!!!!  I don't know what to do at this point.  

Her bib says it all!

Thank goodness the weather has warmed up & we can spend time outside!  It's awesome.  Both girls love it!  I need to get one of the little splash pools like Addy had when she was a baby.


From the baby splash pool to a slide!  My Addy has gotten so big!

Alyssa has started going from sitting to belly every time I turn my back!  She gets mad once she's on her belly & rolls over.  We may never have a crawler if she doesn't spend a little more time on her belly.

 

No comments: