8 months ago
Thursday, February 11, 2010
Blood Test Results
I got my blood test results this morning. I'm anemic & have to start taking 2 prenatal vitamins. This is common in pregnancy, since the baby is taking all of my Iron! The average risk of Down Syndrome for my age is 1:203 & my results are 1:147. These numbers are being taken with caution until further testing in Houston. This is just all part of having babies later in life!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
I guess I am old or something but I dont understand the numbers?? Can you explain? I didnt realize you were over 35? Thought you were in your twenties.
Ha! Thanks Cristi! I'm 37 now & will be 38 when the baby arrives. The nurse explained the numbers simply determine who needs further testing for genetic issues. The false-positive rate for the blood test alone is pretty high & shouldn't be set in stone. I'm not even sure why they do the test if it isn't reliable. I guess more money for whoever! There is a 1 in 147 chance that the baby could be born with issues based on the blood results. Sorry if this doesn't make sense, but I'm still learning about it also. Take care!
So glad the only problem is anemia! Praying for the level II sonogram! I know all will be fine and I lovvve that you're always glass half full. I realllllly have to learn to be that way. Glass half empty sucks most days! hehehe
Oh and HOW is it that I look older than you. I need some serious hints. Skin care? Eating habits? Fountain of youth? HELP!
Thanks Casey!! You are SOOO silly! You DO NOT look older than me AT ALL!
Post a Comment