Thursday, December 10, 2009

Our Little Secret 11/19/09

I am blogging about this, but won't publish it for another week or so. 


Over the past couple of weeks I've taken 8 pregnancy tests!  Yes, EIGHT!  The look on the guy's face at the Dollar Tree when I asked for 10 tests was priceless.  All 8 that I've taken have been positive, but remember our false positive back in September?  Anyway, we wanted to be 100% certain this time before sharing the news.  Yesterday, I went to the dr & got the confirmation needed!  I'M PREGNANT!  My first official OB appoint is in 2 weeks.  My due date estimate is July 22.  Our family already has 6 birthdays in July, so I think we will take bets on who's special day the baby will be born!

Morning sickness hit me hard today for the first time (I'm only 5 weeks).  When I was pregnant with Addison, I never really had much morning sickness.  Now this time around the last thing I need is to be sick while trying to care for a toddler!  I'm not sure if I can wait 2 weeks for my first appointment, so I may call the dr Monday to see about some meds to ease the nausea.

11/24/09
Addison would be an only child if I had been this sick when I was pregnant with her.  This morning sickness, all-day sickness, middle-of-the-night sickness HAS GOT TO GO!  I guess this is what I get for having such a wonderful pregnancy last time.  Come on 12 weeks!  That is when the sickness should subside. EWWWW  I called the dr yesterday & they suggested Emetrol for the nausea.  So, I got that along with Sea Bands & Sea Band Ginger Gum.  The gum is disgusting.  It made me want to throw up more!  I've also boiled ginger root & made tea, but it's all NASTY!

12/1/09
So, we were very excited for December 1 to arrive & go to the first OB appointment.  About an hour before the appt the nurse called to say the doctor was in surgery & my appt needed to be rescheduled. UGH!  Now we have to wait another week!

No comments: