Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Catching Up

It's been so long since I've blogged...

We just got home after being in Louisiana for 2 weeks! The first week was spent at the lake with Blake's family & the next week me & Addy stayed with my parent while Blake came back to Texas.

The lake was awesome as always. There was one incident where Addy's pool was swept away by the wind & went downstream. Some people got it & pretended like it was theirs. Oh well, they must've needed it more than we did. Besides, it was the day before we left anyway! Here are some pics from the lake:
Tea Time with Addy & Parker

Grams & the Little Cowgirl

Pappy, Grams & Addy

Me & Parker

Blake showing off his skills

Me & Addy

Pappy & Addy

Blake & Addy


After a week at the lake, Blake dropped me & Addy off with my family.
Silly Girl

She LOVED feeding the kittens

Addy & Logan

Addy helping Memaw feed Heather

Papaw, Addy & Me

Papaw & Addy

July is full of birthdays for our family! We had a wonderful dinner & everyone celebrated together!

Memaw & Addy



While we were home we met Vasti, Ethan & Ben at the Jungle Gym. Vasti & I were pregnant together, had the same OB & always had our check-ups together. Addison is 5 days older than Ethan. We went home from the hospital the day after Ethan was born.
Vasti, Ethan, Me & Addy

Addy feeding Ethan a anack


Here are a few older pics that I found on my mom's iPhone:









Have I mentioned there isn't ANYTHING to do in this town for a toddler? It's too hot to pull her in the wagon, too hot to play in the pool (unless it's before 10 a.m.), too hot to go to the park! Houston has a ton of things to do, but that's more than an hour away. Yesterday, we met friends at the mall play area. Not much to play with there. Just statues & things to climb on that Addy really isn't big enough for yet. I may just start planning a weekly trip to Houston with a friend & her baby. It would probably be worth it! I don't think I've ever been ready for summer to be over, but this heat is terrible!

2 comments:

Babymakes3forthesullivans! said...

I'm sooo jealous that you guys are so close to the Houston Zoo. We wound up making 2 trips there while we were in Houston. I swear if we lived there we would be there WEEKLY!!

Avery's Mommy said...

Wow I do believe that was your longest post ever...keep it up!