Wednesday, July 22, 2009

15 month appt

Our little girl will be 15 months old tomorrow! We went for her 15 month check-up & shots today. Here are her stats: 22.9lbs, 30 1/2 inches, 18 1/4 head. She is still average on all the charts! After the check-up the mean lady with the needles came in to give the shots :( BOOO Someone had mentioned EMLA cream to numb the injection site, but our dr wouldn't approve it. Addison did fine as usual. She screamed her head off for 5 seconds & as soon as I picked her up she was fine. Today she got DTaP, Hib(the shortage is over now) & Pneumococcal. When we were leaving she was walking behind me & stopped in the waiting room to play with the toys & other babies. I told her that I was going to get a Happy Meal & to come with me, but SHE JUST SMILED & WAVED BYE!!! Holy Moly! I was stunned. Everyone started laughing & I assured them that this was a RARE event!

It looks like Addison will have only 6 teeth a little longer. The dr saw no signs of any new teeth getting ready to come through the gums. I was almost certain she was getting her molars. The dr said those are the worse & take the longest to come through (up to 4 weeks). WTH is he smoking? Addison may be shipped off to Memaw's or Gram's when that time comes :)







Today is DAY 4 of napping in the crib & no bedtime bottle. She was asleep when we got home today & I moved her from the carseat to the crib without her making a peep! I didn't even get a chance to give her Tylenol for her shots.


Yesterday, we attempted to finger paint. It didn't go very well, so we will wait a couple of weeks & try again. Addison didn't like getting the paint on her hands & smearing it on the paper. I even tried painting her belly & she didn't like it. Next time I will take pics.

2 comments:

Avery's Mommy said...

lol those are hilarious. WHERE WERE HER CLOTHES! hehehe

DC said...

Right before it's time for the patients to go to the back they have to strip down & have on a clean (no pee or poop) diaper. This is so the weight will be accurate & to save time when the dr comes in for the exam/shots.