Addison & I finally kicked the colds we've had the past week. Now Blake is sick! This all started with my dad when we were there for our visit a couple of weeks ago. He got sick midway through our visit & it followed us back to Texas. Oh well, we survived.
Addison is doing so many new things lately. Right before my eyes she is learning to go from sitting to the crawling position. She can't quite figure out how to go forward, but has no problem going backwards! Diaper changes are becoming very challenging too, since all she wants to do is try to crawl. I wake up every morning anticipating what she will do to amaze me that day. Words can't express the pure joy of watching a baby grow. Don't get me wrong - there are times when I feel like banging my head against the wall, but I know that would just give me a headache.
In the past couple of weeks we've retired a couple of baby items. She has outgrown the swing & bouncer. The bumbo is pretty useless now since she sits unassisted & she is getting too heavy for me to carry in the Baby Bjorn. The playmat was put away a couple of months ago because she learned how to scoot off of it. Now we just use a blanket on the floor. Oh, and the infant carseat is finished too. We are still using the jumperoo, infant bathtub & boppy. I can't think of a single item that I regret getting.
Here is a video of Addison showing off her new skills.
8 months ago
No comments:
Post a Comment