Tuesday, June 7, 2011

First Day of Summer MDO 2011

I never got a schedule in the mail about when MDO would start & the planned activities.  Yesterday, Addy's old MDO teacher called to see if I had gotten anything yet.  Her daughter is also going to the summer MDO.  I told her no & she mentioned that it starts TODAY?  So, I called the director & was told that the new folks were left off of the mailing list, etc & she apologized.  If she wasn't taking care of my child I would have quickly let her know that my check for $$$ should be a nice reminder to send me information in the mail!

Today was western/cowboy day.  Have you ever searched for a stick horse or straw cowboy hat?  I went to 6 stores & called 2.  Nada!  Finally, found a stick horse at the 7th store, Dollar General.  I'm pretty annoyed about the failure to get a schedule ahead of time to plan my weeks out, but I'll let this be the one pass they get!

Addy was pretty excited about going to the new MDO & getting to take her new stick horse, Clara.



She wasn't very excited one we got there.  I know the first day is always the hardest.  All the new faces, new teachers, new environment.  It was pretty tough for both of us this morning.  I was sure to tell everyone not to hesitate calling me if Addy needed me.  I called about 30 minutes after leaving & the director said Addy was fine & playing with a puzzle.  I'm watching the clock until time to go get her.  Hopefully, she has a great day & won't be mad at me for leaving her!

No comments: