When we got to the office & I was signing her in I VERY nicely asked the nurse if there was any possible way Alyssa could be seen today too. WOOOHOOO - she said 'yes'! Alyssa's well-visit will be posted separately. While we were waiting to see the pedi, Addy sneezed & it was disgusting! Neon Green Snot! Gross! I'll take a clear runny nose any day over this nasty mess!. I've never seen anything like that come out of her nose! EWWWW. The dr came in & checked her out & ordered a strep test. Addison has her first case of strep throat. Poor baby! I still have painful flashbacks of when I had strep last year. It hurt so bad! Needless to say, Addy will be getting more popsicles & ice cream than usual. Oh, and lots of hugs BUT no kisses!
Yes, Addison's mouth is a nice shade of blue from the sucker that
was used to bribe her for the strep swab!
(At this point we were waiting for the strep test results.
Alyssa had already gotten her shots.)
She's contagious for 24 hours after her fever breaks & she starts antibiotics. So, she won't be going back to MDO until Friday. Antibiotics, ibuprofen, Dimetapp (sp?), popsicles & ice cream = my week!


1 comment:
Oh Im so sorry D! Y'all just can't go for a month without someone sick, huh? I hate times like that! Addy is so blessed to have such an awesome mommy to take care of her. I reallllly wish I was there so I could keep Alyssa for a few hours in the afternoon. Hang in there! I'll be praying for Addy (and the rest of y'all too!)
Post a Comment