Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Alyssa 2 month well-visit

Alyssa had her 2 month well-visit yesterday while Addy was there for a sick-visit.  It was scheduled for Wednesday, but since Addy was sick we had to go see the dr.  Sickness doesn't follow a schedule!  Alyssa weighs 12lbs & is 21 1/2  inches long!  (When Addy was 2 months old she weighed 11.7lbs & was 22 inches long).  She's doing great & growing like a weed!  This visit she only got 2 shots & the Rotovirus oral.  It was so sad!  I don't remember Addy being so upset with her shots, but I'm sure she was.  As soon as it was over I nursed her thinking that would calm her while we waited on Addy's strep test results.  She was still so upset for about 5 minutes then fell fast asleep.  I suspected Alyssa has a little cradle crap (cap) & asked the dr about it.  She confirmed that's what it is & to use baby oil daily (rub it in, brush, rinse) & Selsum Blue shampoo weekly.  Normally I listen to the dr, because, well, you know I'm NOT a dr.  But, I think I'll wait before putting a medicated shampoo on her noggin & just see how the baby oil works for a week or so.
Addy is doing fine this morning.  She's probably going to watch way too much Dora today & eat way too many sweets (ice cream, yogurt, popsicles)!

Now it's time to go disinfect toys, knobs & anything else I can spray with Lysol or wipe with a Clorox wipe!

No comments: