What do you see?
Yesterday, I decided to put a warm, cozy outfit on Alyssa. It was so pretty (didn't get a pic)! Less than 30 minutes later Grams said she was certain Alyssa had a poopy diaper. So, off I go to change her diaper. When I unsnapped the outfit I was greeted with mustard-looking poop coming out of all sides of the diaper AND a rotten stump carelessly floating about in the outfit! I was more grossed out by the rotten stump than the poop! EWWWWWWW!!!! This morning was Alyssa's first appointment with the pediatrician! (I'll post a picture later) The timing of the cord stump falling off was perfect because I wanted the pedi to look at it & tell me it was okay. She checked it over & used a silver nitrate stick to expedite the healing process & told me to put Neosporin on it for a couple of days to help with any irritation.
Alyssa weighs 8.2lbs (up from 6.9lbs when we left the hospital) & is 19 1/4" long. My super-powered breastmilk is doing a great job! After her appointment we had to go pay a visit to the hospital lab for the follow-up PKU test. BOOOO! Thank goodness it's just a little heel prick. She was great the whole time!
Kaci came over & kept Addison while Grams drove us to the pedi. Addison was SO excited to see her. Kaci commented on how much Addy has grown in just a few weeks since she last saw her. It's true :( I need to get more video of her doing all of the new things. I just can't keep up! LOL Wonder how much I'll keep up now with TWO little darlings?? I was thinking how lucky I am to have 2 healthy little girls & how being a mom is the best job ever. It's hard, very hard at times, but the good times certainly outweigh the bad times.



1 comment:
You're curing my baby fever with all this umbilical stump/ mustard poop talk. Lol. She is still precious!!! I'm saving her package till I get to meet her in august! Holding it hostage :) hehe
Post a Comment