10 months ago
Saturday, August 23, 2008
Last Day of Daycare
Yesterday was Addison's last day at Ms Ginger's house! She spent 5 weeks there, but now it's over. I am kind of glad anyway, since Ginger & I didn't see eye to eye on some things. Examples: One day she gave Addison Anbesol(sp?) without calling me or Blake first. I let that one slide. Then they were having the inside of the house painted & I felt the fumes were too strong. The last incident happened just last week. I went to pick up Addy & Ginger said that she had been fussy all day, so she gave her Mylicon (fine with me), Tylenol & rubbed Benadryl on her gums. Okay - Ginger doesn't know how much Tylenol to give Addy. It's based on weight! Second, Benadryl doesn't go on gums you batshitcrazy lady! So, when she told me she gave Addy all of this I was so upset I couldn't see straight. The next morning I went extra early, so we could have a 'come to jesus' meeting. I stressed how she must call anytime Addy may need medicine (except for Mylicon). Even if she is fussy - call - I am right around the corner & can be there in 2 minutes. Apparently some of her parents give her free range to do as she wishes with their children. At least she told us that she gave her the medicine, but that doesn't make it any better with me. All this being said, Ginger is truly a wonderful caregiver - she just uses her experience rather than relying on todays medical journals. I would leave Addison with her again & have no regrets.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
I guess Avery will take Addison's spot (well maybe once a week!) But there better not be any Anbesol involved...! Have fun at Dr. Khanfar's...maybe he can recommend a new pedi?
Post a Comment