Monday, May 16, 2011

Church

We survived our first church visit with both girls!  Addison has been twice & we always talked about going, but it's easy to find excuses not to go.  It wasn't that we didn't WANT to go, but B & I were just scared to take the girls.  We know that people take babies to church all.the.time, but hated to be 'those' people with the crying babies.  The church setup is odd to me.  The Cry Room is off to the side of the building in the middle of the church.  So, if you go to the room & have to leave for whatever reason, you have to walk past half the pews to get out of the building.  We decided not to sit in the Cry Room & just sit on the very back row, since we really didn't know what to expect from the girls.  This morning there were quite a few crying babies, not in the Cry Room & I could totally empathize with those parents.  You know, I don't think there were any babies in the Cry Room.  Today the church celebrated it's First Communion in 2 years.  There were about 10-12 kids.  All of the little girls looked like mini-brides with flowing white dresses & delicate veils, complete with tiaras!  Beautiful little princesses.  I didn't realize it was such a formal affair.

Since the church is a block from our house we put the girls in the stroller & walked down the street.  Next time I'll wear flip-flops & carry my heels!  OUCH!  Oh, most importantly, Addison & Alyssa did GREAT this morning!  Especially for the first time!  Addison played games on the phone & Alyssa smiled & babbled at everyone.  She also ate 263 puffs!  LOL!  I know that next week it could be a complete disaster, but now I'm much more comfortable taking them!

1 comment:

Avery's Mommy said...

I know what you mean about church. Avery HATES our nursery in WM so i let her come in with us. Last week, she came in with us at Cornerstone and was playing with my phone. In the middle of a prayer, I heard my phone go off. YouTube strikes again! Then she says "Mama, this not a big boy movie!" (Because I am always telling her not to watch any big boy movies on it. LOL!)