Saturday, April 2, 2011

State Fair Time

We love visiting all of the fairs & festivals in our area.  Today we went to a BIG fair & had a great time.  Thank goodness we went early in the morning, because by 1:00 when we were about to leave the sun came out & the temperature rose fast!  I see many trips to the spray park in our future this summer!  Addison rode a couple of rides & went to the petting zoo.  In just a few months, she went from not riding anything to wanting to ride everything - even rides that she's too little for!

Alyssa took a little nap, but Addison was 
just laying down resting.  
It's hard work being a kid at a fair!

 Up, up, up & away!


This is the same picture as above.  
I zoomed in to see the faces better!
Priceless!


Waiting patiently to get on a ride.

We enjoyed some yummy fair food!  Fried catfish, crawfish sausage, alligator on a stick, fresh lemonade & a $3 bottle of water!  There's always so much to choose from & our bellies can only hold so much!

When we got home today, I was sitting on the couch & Alyssa was on the floor playing.  Well, she grabbed a hold of the couch & pulled herself up to a standing position!  Why am I feeling like I've never been through this before.  Seriously, just 2 short years ago Addison was doing the same thing!  When Alyssa does something I feel like it's the first time (I know it is for her), but you would think by my reactions that she was walking on water or something.  I'm nervous & excited at the same time for her to learn new things.

No comments: